It’s Saturday morning and that means it’s breakfast time in Kitchen Q. Today’s creation: Eggy Breakfast Cups. I originally discovered this recipe through Pinterest but the original called for quail eggs and bacon. Not having those items, I made this with what we had in the fridge. Also, Q is not a big fan of dippy eggs so I scrambled them instead. I didn’t use non-strick spray I recommend it if you want the egg to release quick and easy.
Eggy Breakfast Cups
(Adapted from this recipe on The Noshery Blog: Two Bite Breakfast.)
- 6 slices of bread
- 4 slices of black forest ham lunch meat (diced)
- 2-3 mini sweet peppers (approximately 1/4 cup diced)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (you won’t use it all)
- salt & pepper
- 3 inch round cookie cutter
- non-stick spray (optional)
- hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray the muffin pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
2. Prepare the ham slices and sweet peppers by dicing them. Cut the bread slices into circles using the cookie cutter. Butter one side of the bread circles.
3. Assemble the cups by pressing the bread circles into the muffin tin butter side down. Sprinkle in the ham, then sprinkle in some cheese.
4. Whisk eggs together and pour evenly into the muffin tin (about 2 – 3 Tablespoons each but use up all the egg). Sprinkle peppers on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake the cups for 10 minutes or until the egg is set. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from muffin tin.
6. ENJOY (with hot sauce if that’s your thing!)